Life Skills

Inner Smile

When you live your life in the mind, it takes 80% of your energy, leaving only 20% for your organs!  This exercise will help you shift your energy center to your abdomen which opens the body and the mind for free and continuous movement of the life force.   When practiced, it trains us to sense, feel, see, and hear deeply; it trains us to accept and embrace what is there so that our life experiences will open up again.

Guidelines:

  1. Where the Mind Goes the Energy Flows

Empty your mind sending your thoughts do the lower stomach area filling this space with energy.  Move your conscious awareness from your head to the navel are – where the mind goes, the energy flows – and allow your mind to direct all functions from the lower stomach.

  1. When your mind is empty, it will be filled.  When the organs have extra energy, that extra energy will rise up and fill the brain with Chi or energy.

Inner Smile Energy Exercise

  1. Smile to the mid-eyebrows, eyebrows, eyes, mouth, jaw, tongue, lips, cheeks, ears, shoulders, rib cage, and brain.  Relax and let go of all mental, emotional and physical tension.
  2. Smile to the eyes.  Relax the eyes and feel how nice and cool they are.  Let the eyes draw back in their sockets and start to sink down to the chest and gradually down to the abdomen.
  3. Relax the two broad muscles extending from the outer portions of the upper lips across the cheekbones.  Lightly smile, feeling the muscles’ connection to the upper front of the ears.
  4. Open your mouth and relax your jaw, separating the upper and lower teeth.  Feel the jaw relax.  Once the jaw relaxes, the shoulders will relax and drop down.  Continue to feel the jaw relax until you feel saliva start to come out.  Relax the rib cage.  Feel the rib cage drop down, softening all the joints, relaxing down to the lower Tan Tien.  Let the tongue relax back in the mouth.  Visualize all the energies of the head and face sinking down into the chest and all the way down to the navel and lower Tan Tien.
  5. Smile to the shoulders.  Relax until you feel the shoulders drop and the rib cage relax.
  6. Lightly close the lips, but keep the teeth slightly separated.  Physically begin a childlike smile, with the corners of the mouth gently uplifted and the outer edges of the eyes softly crinkled up.  Breathe through your nose.
  7. Smile into the brain and continue to empty the upper (observing) mind into the lower Tan Tien.
  8. Become aware of your inner universe as vast, empty space.  Keep on sinking down, into the darkness of your empty space.  Keep sinking, and experience the vastness.  Stay relaxed and alert.  Rest, breathing nice and deep and even from the diaphragm.
  9. When you are ready, stretch and open your eyes.

Now, I am gonna work on my outer smile… yep, coffee makes me smile…

3 thoughts on “Inner Smile”

  1. Felt that as and just before I read directions. Body naturally wants to go into these areas of relaxation. thanks so much Diane. have a fabulous day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *